The North Midlands CGBA Committee has sent a letter to all Clubs in the region with important information regarding the Cov-19 pandemic. The full letter can be found here but the important points are
- The North Midlands Crown Green Bowling Association has suspended all affiliated competitive leagues and strongly recommends against social bowling and that all clubs are closed until further notice.
- The Committee strongly advises all Clubs to renew their insurance policies for the 2020 bowls season. Despite the limited opportunity to play bowls competitively in 2020, at present, clubs may have the ability to have limited opening in the latter summer months. Those clubs that renew through Endsleigh are reminded of the 30th April 2020 deadline.
- All clubs are required to have a Safeguarding Officer in place for 2020. If clubs do not have a Safeguarding Officer in place, whilst awaiting a training course, it is appropriate to share a safeguarding officer with another club as an interim.
- The CR1/CR2 BCGBA Forms should be returned to the County Registrar, Martin Dobson, no later than the 31st May 2020. This must include your Insurance Policy details and Safegaurding Officer.
- The committee do not consider that the full 2020 Club fee (£35) should be sent to the BCGBA. As a member of the BCGBA through your affiliation to NMCGBA you will only be charged a £20 fees this year. Of this £10 will be sent to the BCGBA as a contribution to the annual Club fee. The remaining £10 will be retained by NMCGBA.